Friday, March 9, 2012

P52 Friday - Week #10 - "Quick Page" Your Way to Freedom!

Well, we're back home this week after a great little mom-and-dad-only trip to AZ without Emily! My mom came up and watched her and off we went. It was the perfect amount of time, by the end I was good and ready to get back to my little baby. She was a total trooper and did just fine without us - but she was very excited when we got home! I've got a lot of "huk"s and "keez"es this week to make up for lost time. 

In "new release" news, in case you haven't heard, there are a bunch of Page Builders out and Barb has a fun little "Marathon" kit  for you crazy nuts who would rather run than do the more natural and relaxing activity I like to call walking. What's the rush, folks?!?! Kidding : D



My Week #9 layouts - features "Teen Boy" by Albums to Remember and Connie Prince
 My Week #10 - features "What Friends Are For" by Meredith Cardall


 My tip for this week is just a reminder of one of the BEST ways to catch-up quickly - faster than templates or Page Builders - but you have to be willing to give up creative control. This is, of course, QUICK PAGES! Add photos, add journalling, DONE. 

I say it's a small price to pay to get caught up if you are really behind OR, in my case here, to supplement your P52 Album with some different pages. Every few weeks I am adding in a double spread that highlights something more specific about myself or something that has happened. 

In this case, I have used to gorgeous FREE quick pages that I got from Jady Day Studio's blog. Her CT makes absolutely stunning QPs and PreDecorated papers! Below is an example of some supplement pages for Jan/Feb that I did. Guess how long they took? However long it takes to import 3 photos and do a little typing. Like, 10 minutes. And then I can pass them off as mine! LOL!

And don't let anyone tell you this is "cheating" - that's the craziest thing I've ever heard! You still made all your other pages!! No one says "it's cheating" if you use Stove Top Stuffing while making the rest of turkey dinner from scratch (unless you have a really mean mother-in-law or something) : D And using Page Builders is like buying the turkey instead of raising your own - again, no one calls it cheating when you buy your turkey from the store instead of your backyard.



And, as always...

If you are trying to do one layout a week, do it!

If you are trying to do two layouts a week, do it!

If you are doing a layout a month, make sure you've taken your weekly photo(s) and done your February spread.

If you are doing a layout per year, make sure you've taken your weekly photo! 

No comments:

Post a Comment