Saturday, March 17, 2012

MMS Tutorial - How to Make an Over-flowing Envelope!

Lately envelope templates with goodies and photos spilling out of them have been lighting up the digiscrap galleries everywhere and left me wondering "How could I do that effect in MMS?". Then I realized I could duplicate the effect using shapes! Here's a brief tutorial : ) I made this in a hurry with a screaming toddler on my lap so if you were to take your time, things will line up a little neater than than my example at the end.

Add square/rectangle. I did 6x4 for size settings (to change settings, click the "Edit" button on your right-hand shape tool bar)

Add a triangle (not a right triangle!!). I did 4x3.


Same thing here!


More triangle... I did 6x2.7 so it would over lap a little.




From here, you can group the whole thing and make it as big or small as you want and even change the rotation. Then ungroup it and re-group the sections as shown below to make your life easier when you go to "stuff" the envelope. You can also add a small shadow to help define the pieces. I would keep my x: 0 y: 0 and not too much blur for shadow settings.


Fill with papers/color and then group the back two pieces together.


Group the front three sections together.


Now add frames, embellies, alphabets - the sky's the limit!!!!

4 comments: