Friday, January 6, 2012

Project 52 - Week 1 - There Are So Many Ways to Skin A Cat...

It's hard to know where to start with a P52. Fortunately, there are so many options - you can pick whatever suits your lifestyle best. I will list them from LEAST time commitment to MOST...

*One Photo per week, 2 Layouts per year.
If you are extra lazy or this project is doomed to fail because your life is too crazy, you pick one photo a week and then put them on a 2 page spread of 26 little square photo boxes per page that feature the photos in order for the year. But really. Come on. That's like Plan Z.

**One or Many Photos per week, Two Layouts per month. (aka Project 12 - see this link)

Take one or more meaningful photos a week and then turn them in to a 2-page spread once a month. So you would do two pages for January that feature at least one photo from each week that month and some journalling to explain why those photos matter. This is also great option if you have a busy month and just need to catch up so you can stay current.

***One Photo per week, One Layout per week.

Take one meaningful photo a week (could even just be your cat's breakfast - life is life) and turn it in to a one-page layout with or without journaling. To save even more time, your layouts could be done in a template style that you will more-or-less match every week with some variation to keep it interesting.

****Many Photos per week, One Layout per week.
Take several meaningful photos a week and turn them in to a one-page layout with or without journaling. To save time, your layouts could be done in a template style that you will more-or-less match every week with some variation to keep it interesting.

*****Many Photos per week, Two Layouts per week.
Take several meaningful photos a week and turn them in to a two-page layout with or without journaling. As mentioned, to save time, your layouts could be done in a template style that you will more-or-less match every week with some variation to keep it interesting.

Do you know of any other options? Post them under the link to this article on the P52 Support Group FB Page and I will add them to this post myself.

An idea from Diana B: Here is what I'm going to do. It's kind of a combo of 52 and a 365. I'm going to create 1 page in a calendar shape for each month. I will put in photos into their appropriate date ~ doing at least one photo for each week. The other squares can have paper, embellishments and/or journaling. 


DOWNLOAD THE PDF of this BLOG POST.

2 comments:

  1. I am simultaneously doing a Project 365 photo project. I thought this might be a good way to showcase those photos each week in a logical format. Is that ok, or is it overkill?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goal is to just get through the year however I can. If one week I magically took a photo every day, I hope to scrap it. If I only took one, I hope to use journaling. If I really only got to blog the week, I can print out the blog for that week and put it in a page protector. I also considered trying to do more than one project... like, my Project 365/52 combo, and then a separate themed 12-12-12-2012 project. But... as my original goal is really just a goal to finish the year, I sincerely doubt two projects is realistic. LOL

    ReplyDelete