Friday, January 20, 2012

P52 Fridays - Week #3 - "Scrap Yer Crap"

Before we get rolling, just wanted to let you know that Barb has posted a tutorial on her blog on how to load/use Page Builders in MMSv3.

This week's P52 Friday is inspired by my stupid week - maybe you had one too? A lot of scrapbooking is cheerful, sometimes "romanticized" versions of the way our lives really our. We go a little over the top trying to make it look like we had the perfect week or perfect day or perfect kid - and maybe we really did! But probably we didn't... sometimes life hands us lemon after lemon and we don't feel like making tasty lemonade LOs, we just need to scrap our crap and be honest.

As I write this post, this week it's been -35 Celsius every day, I've been fighting off mild depression and that of a close loved-one's as well, had one of my weekly (or more) rounds of doubting anything I once held as my "faith" (I'm an over-thinker), accidentally sloshed scalding hot water on my toddler's back and had to take her to the ER and now have daily appointments at the clinic for redressing her wounds, got the car halfway out the drive in -30 Celsius weather only to the have e-brake stick in the ON position and had to get towed to the dealer so our car could thaw-out and get looked at and they decided nothing was wrong and charged us for their time anyway and now the ebrake is frozen in the off position (which is slightly better!), hubby accidently left his truck in gear and it drove itself in to a building, I drove away with the car still plugged in and cracked the outlet, had to make a trip to the walk-in because Emily's doc didn't pass on her prescription to the burn clinic, and found out some other family stuff that is frustrating... Is this week over yet?? Seriously. But enough of my pity party!



Here's what I'm trying to say. To the left is the LO I had pre-made for this week. Cute, huh? So darn cheerful! I guess I was a little too optimistic about what January 15-21 would hold. A bunch of the cheery paper and embellies are from MCD's newest release, "What Friends Are For" and I LOVE it. But it was a terrible fit for my terrible week. So I'm just gonna recycle this for a better week. I decided to trade in the cheery for the dreary - because that's how I feel and there's no use pretending I don't. I have a favorite fall-back kit for all things melancholy from the ever-delightful Carolyn Rose Kite (who just got back in to designing again, WHOOT!). It's called "Raining in My Heart" and is perfect for when you've got the blues (or rather, the black and greys!).


Here's a preview of where this week's LO is heading instead... so be it. I've already seen others in this group scrap about their bout with the flu/cold and even their own terrible year they had last year - and as sad as that is, it makes me relieved to see other people be honest with their scrapping. Menda is one of the best gals I know for this - she inspires me with her openness and the way she shows us how to use scrap-therapy to vent, to share and to encourage others that they aren't the only ones who couldn't bear to have pink flowers and cheery stickers on their page this week.


I hope you are having an awesome week and I can't wait to see your pages - but if yours happens to have sucked royally, don't be afraid to share that either.


It's a Project 52, not a Perfect 52.


- Looking for more kits for bad moods, rainy days and sadness? Check out this ISO thread at DST.
- Albums to Remember has a cute little "Black Bliss" mini-kit that goes with the"All In A Day" mega kit that would work well for this type of theme too.

For a PDF of this post, go here: http://www.mediafire.com/?ruhwcg265n2zq4x

7 comments:

  1. Wow, sorry you had such a suckie week. It will get better you just have to ride out the storm. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post and page Jen. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure hope as this week winds down, your next week is better. *hugs*...great post...and even better title. I giggled at "Scrap yer Crap"... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry your week was not a good one but good for you for scrappin' about it anyway! Our lives are just what you said ups and downs. ALL of it deserves to be scrapped so that sometime in the future our families can see what was going on and say..."with God's help she made it through." Now...have a wonderful weekend, k?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks ladies! It got to the point this week where it actually starting seeming funny - how many things can go wrong in one week?! All the things I listed happened between Mon-Wed, I thought I was going to check in to the loony bin. It can only go up from here...right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Jen!! I totally know what you are going through. As I posted in the group I have had such an crappy week, my marriage is falling apart, my health is not so good, I could go on and on. Thanks for posting this, I love your new pre made LO! (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry things aren't going well for you right now - I think sometimes it's helpful just to know you aren't alone. I hope "scrapping it out" helps you as you work through all your challenges these days and that the sun starts shining through your storms soon...

      Delete