![]() | |
| My Week #5 using "So Silly" by Sugar Pie Scraps |
Couple things to start...
Did you hear about the HUGE sale at MMS this weekend? According to Lisa...
Have you seen Barb's new "P52" kit in the store? It coordinates perfectly with "All in a Day" and tags and tabs for almost every possible situation you could think of!
Want to make your own P52 Inspiration Journal? Check out Scrap Kat's Thoughtful Thursday post on Albums to Remember's Facebook page!
And now, my P52 Friday Idea!
Here's what's been going on for me. I am doing a P52 this year but I have this huge monkey on my back and that is finishing my album for my daughter's first year and four months. I started scrapping just after she was born so some of the early pages embaress me and then I was feeling stressed because I wasn't using all the photos I took and I didn't want just one or two pictures for each month - so I finally figured out what I am going to do!
Using Picasa, I imported my photos from iPhoto and picked my favorite 10-15 photos for each month and used the super easy "Collage" feature to automatically generate a 12x12 mosaic collage for each month (no organizing or sorting, it makes them all fit on it's own! You can move photos around/shuffe them but it does all the sizing for you!!). Then I exported the collage at highest quality jpeg and imported it to make the left side of my spread for that month. On the other side, I am either re-using an LO I already made in the past year for that month or making a new one if I hate the old one. I am also inserting some of my better LOs from Emily's first year in the book here and there and just letting the old bad ones go and chalking them up to good practice! In order to make the collage match the other side of the spread I add little embellies from the kit I am using on the right-side of the page. Some months, like Christmas and our trip to Cancun, get 4 pages instead of 2.
Here's an example:
![]() |
| Emily's Month #1 using Meredith Cardall's "Pea in the Pod" (which is retired) |
I say all this to give you an idea if you are doing a P12 or if you ever have a month where you can't keep up with your weekly LOs and just need to catch up! OR if you have a week with a zillion photos and just can't choose, this is a great option too.
One last thing... this is LITERALLY what was happening the whole time I was trying to write this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNkp4QF3we8
Add in some whining and crying and you get my morning. Oh, the sacrifices we all have to make for P52 Fridays!!!




This is FANTASTIC, Jen! Love the way it looks. I'm going to try this for my daughters' first year books. Thank you!!
ReplyDeleteThanks! I needed that laugh and have totally been there. Thanks also for the idea. I will probably use that when I start my five and seven year olds baby books. I have lots of photos and that would help a lot.
ReplyDeleteHAHA.. not that it is funny (but a little) i HATE that commercial because it give my kids the idea of how to get me... and even when they aren't trying i love having a conversation and having one of them poke at me or pull my purse to get my attention... AHHHH sorry jen, hugs to you
ReplyDelete